Hurricanes Katrina and Rita [electronic resource] : Addressing the Victims' Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Needs
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses Hurricanes Katrina and Rita impact on victims' mental health and substance abuse treatment needs. Provides general background on Federal disaster assistance. Provides brief overview of HHS Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) activities related to 2005 hurricanes including crisis counseling assistance and training programs through an interagency agreement with FEMA; SAMHSA emergency response grant; and supplemental appropriations. Discusses SAMHSA-related concerns and options for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10102646