Medicare Payment Issues Affecting Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs) [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 29 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses recent developments affecting the inpatient rehabilitation facilities' prospective payment system (IRF-PPS), including the enforcement and proposed delay of the new "75% Rule" and the use of local coverage determinations by Medicare contractors. Provides overview of rehabilitation services and post-acute care, Medicare conditions of participation for IRFs, the effect of the Medicare prior payment system for IRFs, and IRF prospective payment system issues. Reviews legislative provisions for the implementation of IRF-PPS, describes the IRF-PPS payment system and its adjustments, and provides an example of the FY2005 IRF payment calculation.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10102692