Homosexuals and U.S. Military Policy [electronic resource] : Current Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 38 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on homosexual military service policy, including so-called "don't ask, don't tell, don't pursue'' policy under Clinton Administration. Reviews public opinion on homosexual military service, military discharges due to homosexual conduct, court cases involving gay military service, legal and other implications following murder of Army Private Barry Winchell, issues involving military recruitment in high schools and Reserve Officers' Training Corps service of college students, Federal benefits and related issues for same-sex marital partners, and experiences of foreign militaries with homosexual service.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10102839