Iraq [electronic resource] : U.S. Regime Change Efforts and Post-Saddam Governance
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 50 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews current issues concerning the U.S.-led war to remove Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and his Ba'ath Party regime. Provides background on major factions opposed to Saddam Hussein, Clinton Administration policy and the Iraq Liberation Act, and Bush Administration strategy and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Discusses post-war governance and transition issues, including the handover of sovereignty to Iraqis, democratic reform and elections, and economic reconstruction. Examines insurgent violence, counter-insurgency operations, and options to stabilize and secure Iraq. Outlines Congressional reaction.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10103155