Iraq [electronic resource] : Oil-For-Food Program, Illicit Trade, and Investigations
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 31 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines UN-monitored "oil-for-food" program (OFFP), which operated Dec. 1996-Mar. 2003, under which Iraq exported oil to finance humanitarian food purchases, and Iraqi oil revenues earned under the program were held in a UN-controlled escrow account not accessible to the Iraq Government. Provides background on the operations, structure, and termination of OFFP; and examines recent allegations and investigations into illicit trade practices between Iraq and non-UN countries, UN mismanagement of OFFP funds, and other allegations of misconduct, and issues for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10103750