Income Tax Relief in Times of Disaster [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines tax provisions available to assist disaster victims in recovering from the impact of a disaster, in light of devastation caused by Aug. 2005 Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast. Covers tax relief for losses, postponement of deadlines and abatement of interest or fees, deferral of gain on involuntary conversions, taxpayer assistance at local disaster recovery centers, disaster relief payments, and State and local responses. Provides Internet addresses of IRS publications available to taxpayers who have experienced losses related to disasters.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10104490