Chief Justice of the United States [electronic resource] : Responsibilities of the Office and Process for Appointment
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 47 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews the roles, responsibilities, and qualifications of the Chief Justice. Describes the appointment process for Chief Justices, including the Presidential selection of a nominee, consideration by the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Senate debate and confirmation; and discusses anticipation of the next vacancy. Lists the names of all persons nominated for Chief Justice, from 1789 to present, including their nomination dates and, if confirmed by the Senate, the dates of their confirmation, judicial oath, and end of service, as well as their ages at time of appointment and upon termination of service.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10104862