Terrorism Risk Insurance [electronic resource] : An Overview
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides an overview of terrorism risk insurance issues and Congressional action, including a summary of P.L. 107-297, the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA) of 2002, which requires insurers to offer terrorism insurance to their commercial policyholders, preserves State regulation of this type of insurance, and directs the Secretary of the Treasury to administer a program for sharing terrorism losses. Reviews post-enactment activity in the executive branch and private market, Congressional oversight and hearings, and TRIA extension legislation.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10105320