Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) [electronic resource] : Background and Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides information on the structure and administration of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which regulates the international trade in animals and plants whose populations may be harmed by trade. Discusses the effect of CITES on the classification of species into appendices and the permit system; examines the enforcement and implementation of CITES in the U.S. under the Endangered Species Act, and addresses implementation issues related to CITES.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10105484