Mad Cow Disease [electronic resource] : Agricultural Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines issues surrounding the 2003 discovery of a case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), also known as "mad cow disease," in a Washington State dairy cow. Reviews economic and trade implications of BSE case and U.S. BSE safeguards, including USDA and FDA policy changes after Washington State BSE case, provides an overview of international panel of BSE experts report assessing and recommending improvements for U.S. BSE safeguards, discusses a BSE case in Canada, including USDA response, and examines related 109th Congress legislative activities.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10105676