Port and Maritime Security [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on security at U.S. seaports and in the U.S. maritime system, in light of terrorism concerns. Discusses importance of U.S. maritime system, port security threat scenarios, port and ship vulnerabilities to terrorist attack, Government authorities at seaports, port security initiatives by Federal agencies, recent law on port security. Reviews issues for Congress regarding threats, funding, balancing security and commerce, international considerations, standard v. site-specific measures, roles and responsibilities for maritime security, and selected port security legislation introduced in the 109th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10106246