Same-Sex Marriages [electronic resource] : Legal Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses legal issues surrounding same-sex marriages and P.L. 104-199, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which prohibits Federal recognition of same-sex marriages. Examines potential constitutional challenges to DOMA; interstate recognition of marriage; State litigation, constitutional amendments, and civil union laws; and pending Federal legislation.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10107082