Border Security and Military Support [electronic resource] : Legal Authorizations and Restrictions
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of legal authorizations and restrictions on military support to law enforcement and immigration authorities along the southern U.S. border, under both the Posse Comitatus Act and Constitution. Discusses deployment of National Guard troops to support Border Patrol with border security and homeland defense activities and counterdrug efforts; and addresses issues regarding the precise scope of permitted activities and funds.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10107208