Taiwan-U.S. Political Relations [electronic resource] : New Strains and Changes
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 35 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines strains on U.S.-Taiwan relations in light of recent political developments. Discusses importance of Taiwan for U.S. interests, and identifies new factors affecting U.S. policy toward Taiwan, including problems between Bush and Chen Administrations, fragmentation of the "Taiwan Lobby," factors within U.S. Government, and volatility in the democratic and political environments of Taiwan. Considers U.S. policy options in the context of changes in the U.S.-Taiwan-China relationship.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10109342