Navy Ship Propulsion Technologies [electronic resource] : Options for Reducing Oil Use--Background for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 41 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on options to reduce Navy dependence on oil for ships. Discusses general strategies to reduce oil consumption, including reducing energy use on Navy ships, shifting to alternative hydrocarbon fuels, encouraging greater reliance on nuclear propulsion, and making use of sail and solar power. Reviews related legislative activity.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10109444