Separate Consumer Price Index for the Elderly? [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses Federal indexing of social security benefits to increase the CPI for urban wage earners and clerical workers (CPI-W), and reviews concerns that CPI-W indexes may not accurately reflect the inflation experience of the elderly population. Examines expenditure patterns and average inflation rates of the elderly population, BLS experimental CPI for the elderly, and policy considerations.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10109763