Animal Identification and Meat Traceability [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines meat traceability and animal identification (ID) by permanently marking individuals or groups of farm animals as a tool in animal health, food safety, quality assurance, and country-of-origin labeling programs. Reviews reasons for animal ID and meat traceability programs and related issues, including foreign trade considerations, need for improved ID capabilities, development of a national ID work plan, and current U.S. meat traceability and animal ID programs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10111330