Courts Narrow McCarran-Ferguson Antitrust Exemption for "Business of Insurance" [electronic resource] : Viability of "State Action" Doctrine as an Alternative
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses insurance industry exemption from Federal antitrust law under the McCarran-Ferguson Act of 1945, and reviews judicial interpretations of exemption, including 2003 Supreme Court decision which narrowed the McCarran-Ferguson antitrust exemption. Reviews possible implications of legislation in the 109th Congress concerning the Act, and examines State action doctrine and its relevance to McCarran immunity.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10111881