Legal Issues in Terminations of Single-Employer Pension Plans [electronic resource] : Beck v. PACE International Union
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines legal issues regarding the termination of single-employer pension plans by reviewing Beck v. PACE International Union, a case that examines whether the decisions of Crown Vantage, Inc. and Crown Paper Co. to terminate their pension plans in bankruptcy proceedings breached the fiduciary duty owed under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act to plan participants and beneficiaries by failing to adequately consider the option of merging their pension plans with a multiemployer plan.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10111903