Recess Appointments [electronic resource] : A Legal Overview
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides a legal overview of the recess appointments clause in the Constitution, under which the President is allowed to fill certain vacancies without the consent of the Senate during a Congressional recess. Discusses textual issues and historical interpretation, authority and tenure of recess appointees, and historic Congressional action to protect the Senate's constitutional role in the confirmation process.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10112060