Federal Crime Control [electronic resource] : Background, Legislation, and Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 21 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on Federal role in crime control. Reviews crime-related issues and legislation introduced and/or enacted with respect to hate crimes, the community oriented policing services program, court security, offender reentry, mandatory minimum sentences and crack/powder cocaine sentencing disparities, youth gangs, Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act reauthorization, and Federal Prison Industries. Examines issues for Congress regarding Federal sentencing structure, oversight of Department of Justice grant programs, and civil commitment of sex offenders. Lists selected crime-related legislation enacted in the 109th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10112796