Hurricane Katrina [electronic resource] : Questions Regarding the Section 8 Housing Voucher Program
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of HUD section 8 low-income rental housing choice voucher program; and addresses questions regarding the impact of Hurricane Katrina on existing voucher holders, the degree at which the program is serving displaced families who have not previously received vouchers, and the extent of the role section 8 should play in serving displaced families. Discusses legislation introduced to create new, temporary vouchers for families displaced by Hurricane Katrina, reviews actions taken by FEMA to provide transitional housing assistance to affected families, and introduces the new disaster housing assistance pilot program.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10113002