Federal Sentencing Guidelines [electronic resource] : Background, Legal Analysis, and Policy Options
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides a legal analysis of the Supreme Court ruling in United States v. Booker, as well as background information on Federal sentencing guidelines. Summarizes U.S. penal policy at the Federal level, discusses the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, describes different types of sentencing guidelines, analyzes departures from the guidelines, and addresses policy options for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10113201