Genetic Discrimination [electronic resource] : Overview of the Issue and Proposed Legislation
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 35 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides an overview of the scope and current permissible uses of health information and genetic information, and reviews existing evidence of genetic discrimination and the impact of the fear of discrimination. Addresses key issues raised by genetic nondiscrimination legislation, focusing on S. 358 and H.R. 493, both the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2007, to prohibit employment and health insurance discrimination against individuals based on genetic information.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10113212