United Nations Human Rights Council [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses replacement of the UN Commission on Human Rights (the Commission) with a new UN Human Rights Council (the Council) as a key component of comprehensive UN reform, and addresses related Congressional issues. Provides background on the Commission, and describes the purpose and responsibilities, structure and composition, the Council's first year of work, and recent sessions of the Council, as well as U.S. policy and international government and organizational responses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10114274