PEPFAR [electronic resource] : From Emergency to Sustainability
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews background on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, and global spending on HIV/AIDS. Addresses policy options for Congress related to whether, and at what level, to reauthorize the President's emergency plan for AIDS relief (PEPFAR) from FY2009-FY2013. Discusses questions related to defining focus of PEPFAR, revisiting prevention efforts, reconsidering spending restrictions and requirements, expanding access to generic anti-retroviral medication, improving integration of health programs, strengthening health systems, addressing needs of children affected by HIV/AIDS, and reconsidering emphasis on focus countries. Includes tables.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10114516