Cruise Ship Pollution [electronic resource] : Background, Laws and Regulations, and Key Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 27 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines regulatory and other issues relating to cruise ship pollution. Describes waste streams created by cruise ships, and summarizes laws and regulations applicable to cruise ship pollution, including the international legal regime; domestic laws and regulations covering sewage, hazardous and solid wastes, air pollution, and other pollutants; Federal and State laws regarding cruise ship operations in Alaskan waters; and other related State and industry initiatives. Discusses various cruise ship pollution policy issues, including research, oversight, and enforcement.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10116503