National Bio- and Agro-Defense Facility [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Outlines current progress towards establishment of the National Bio- and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF), to provide DHS with safe, secure, and state-of-the-art agriculture biocontainment laboratories for R&D of diagnostic capabilities and medical countermeasures for foreign animal and zoonotic diseases. Presents current and projected funding levels and timelines; and describes policy issues of potential interest to Congress, including agency coordination, possession of viruses, construction timeliness, future USDA and DHS use of Plum Island Animal Disease Center, and community safety concerns.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10116878