U.S. Food and Agricultural Imports [electronic resource] : Safeguards and Selected Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Highlights rising levels of imports and Congressional concerns about the adequacy of existing safeguards. Reviews roles of the FDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), and Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service in ensuring safety of food and agricultural imports. Examines international trade considerations, FDA and FSIS import refusals, Bush Administration import and food safety plans, and pending food safety legislation in the 110th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10117032