Data Security [electronic resource] : Federal Legislative Approaches
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses core areas addressed in Federal data security legislation, including laws affected; scope of coverage; data privacy and security safeguards for sensitive personal information; requirements for security breach notification; restrictions on the collection, use, or sale of social security numbers; credit freezes on consumer reports; identity theft penalties; causes of action; study and evaluation; and preemption.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10117362