Enemy Combatant Detainees [electronic resource] : Habeas Corpus Challenges in Federal Court
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of the Combatant Status Review Tribunals (CSRT), established by DOD to hear the legal challenges of terrorism suspects held at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba. Reviews CSRT procedures, and summarizes court cases related to U.S. detention policy. Discusses the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005, reviews select provisions of the Military Commissions Act (MCA) of 2006, covers post-MCA issues and developments, explains constitutional considerations and options, and summarizes legislative action in the 110th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10117486