Protecting the U.S. Perimeter [electronic resource] : "Border Searches" Under the Fourth Amendment
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Addresses scope of Government authority to search and seize individuals at the U.S. border pursuant to constitutional framework that encompasses border search exception to warrants and probable cause requirements of Fourth Amendment. Describes varying levels of suspicion associated with each type of border search interpreted by the courts. Highlights border security recommendations made by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the U.S., and legislative action in the 108th-110th Congresses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10117656