Residence Restrictions for Released Sex Offenders [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages : digital, PDF file
- Analyzes issues tied to residence restriction laws for released sex offenders. Examines P.L. 109-248, the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006, which authorized a comprehensive national system for managing sex offenders, including process for sex offender registration and community notification; and reviews State and local residence restriction laws for released sex offenders. Considers consequences of State and local residence restrictions, pro and con arguments, and alternative proposals for monitoring released sex offenders.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10117767