Veterans and Homelessness [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : digital, PDF file
- Defines term "homeless veteran," discusses attempts to count homeless veterans, and reviews results of studies regarding characteristics of homeless veterans. Summarizes available research regarding overrepresentation of veterans in the homeless population and possible explanations for why homeless veterans are overrepresented. Discusses VA and DOL programs to fund services and transitional housing specifically for homeless veterans, and addresses emerging issues regarding permanent supportive housing, veterans of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and female veterans.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10117965