Proposals for Reparations for African Americans [electronic resource] : A Brief Overview
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses historical background and legislative proposals concerning reparations for the enslavement of African Americans, including H.R. 40, to establish a commission to study the institution of slavery and racial discrimination against African Americans and to recommend remedies to Congress; and H.Res. 194 to apologize for the enslavement of African Americans and their racial segregation. Reviews arguments for and against issuing reparations to African Americans.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10118231