U.S. Commission on Civil Rights [electronic resource] : History, Funding, and Current Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines Commission on Civil Rights, established by the Civil Rights Act of 1957, to investigate issues concerning civil rights and to inform President and Congress on implementation of civil rights protections. Provides history of establishment of the Commission, including its funding, legislation expanding its authorities, and evolving philosophical differences of opinion concerning civil rights that affect Commission independence and effectiveness.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10118331