Arms Control and Nonproliferation [electronic resource] : A Catalog of Treaties and Agreements
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 70 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of key arms control and nonproliferation agreements and endeavors of the past 40 years. Describes arms control efforts between the U.S. and states of the former Soviet Union, covering both formal, bilateral treaties and the cooperative threat reduction process; multilateral nuclear nonproliferation efforts, covering both formal treaties and less formal accommodations initiated in recent years; and treaties and agreements that address chemical, biological, and conventional weapons. Provides list of treaties and agreements that the U.S. is a party to, describes treaty ratification process, and lists bilateral and international organizations tasked with implementation of arms control efforts.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10118922