Defense Base Act (DBA) [electronic resource] : The Federally Mandated Workers' Compensation System for Overseas Government Contractors
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 28 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the Defense Base Act (DBA), which mandates that Federal departments and agencies provide worker compensation insurance for their overseas employees and contractors; in light of current contracting activity in Iraq. Reviews systems used to provide DBA insurance at the Department of State, AID, DOD, and Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). Includes economic critiques raised by GAO and Army auditors of current DOD DBA policy; and DOD and USACE responses to those criticisms. Discusses several DBA reform options suggested in recent legislation.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10119564