Russia-Georgia Conflict in South Ossetia [electronic resource] : Context and Implications for U.S. Interests
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 39 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews background on 2008 Russia-Georgia war in South Ossetia region. Summarizes action in Abkhazia and Western Georgia, subsequent ceasefire, occupation operations, partial Russian withdrawal, Russian recognition of independence of the region, and the follow-on ceasefire agreement; and addresses implications for Georgia and Russia. Covers international humanitarian assistance, U.S. reaction to Russian recognition declaration, U.S. assistance, Georgia and NATO membership action plan, Congressional response, and recent legislation.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10119596