Hurricanes and Disaster Risk Financing Through Insurance [electronic resource] : Challenges and Policy Options
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines role of insurance in financing disaster risk and the changes implemented by insurers and legislators to minimize market disruptions following the 2004 hurricane season. Discusses Congressional interest in financing catastrophic risk, summarizes results of the 2004 and 2005 Atlantic hurricane seasons, and describes insurance lessons learned from Hurricane Andrew, insurance market response to past hurricanes, options for transferring risk through insurance, challenges for the 110th Congress and beyond, and policy options.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10119814