Flat Tax [electronic resource] : An Overview of the Hall-Rabushka Proposal
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 29 pages : digital, PDF file
- Analyzes Hall-Rabushka (H-R) flat tax proposal, which is a modified value-added tax. Introduces various types of taxation, including income taxation and several types of consumption taxes. Reviews selected policy issues related to H-R flat tax proposal, including economic effects of the flat tax on the entire economy and on specific industries or sectors of the total economy. Assesses whether the H-R flat tax proposal would simplify the tax code, and compares recent U.S. consumption tax proposals with current tax systems in other developed countries.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10119870