Government Interventions in Financial Markets [electronic resource] : Economic and Historic Analysis of Subprime Mortgage Options
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews policy issues tied to Government interventions in financial markets, explains mortgage subprime delinquency and default, and describes nature of subprime reset problem. Summarizes and analyzes four previous Government market interventions to modify market outcomes, in light of current mortgage market conditions and current proposals to help delinquent homeowners. Covers Government market interventions of the Home Owners Loan Corp. in 1933, Continental Illinois in 1984, the savings and loan industry in 1989, and Brady bonds in 1989.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10120127