Research and Experimentation Tax Credit [electronic resource] : Current Status and Selected Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews status of the research and experimentation (R&E) tax credit, which seeks to stimulate business R&D investment by reducing the after-tax cost to firms of undertaking qualified research above a base amount. Examines the design, effectiveness, and legislative history of the R&E tax credit, and outlines key R&E tax credit policy issues, including a weak and disparate incentive effect, the ambiguous definition of qualified research, and inefficient targeting of R&D with large social returns. Discusses legislation in the 110th Congress to change the R&E tax credit.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10120208