Internal Revenue Service's Private Tax Debt Collection Initiative [electronic resource] : Current Status, Legislative Proposals, and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses IRS current authority, under P.L. 108-357, the American Jobs Creation Act (AJCA) of 2004, to contract with private debt collection agencies (PCAs) to assist in the collection of certain individual tax debt. Examines scope of IRS's authority to use PCAs under the AJCA, summarizes implementation of private collection initiative derived from this authority, and reviews pro/con arguments for this initiative. Discusses legislation in the 109th and 110th Congresses to restrict or repeal IRS authority to hire PCAs for tax collection and issues for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10120261