Economic Slowdown [electronic resource] : Issues and Policies
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines current state of economy and need for fiscal stimulus; and reviews P.L. 110-185, the Recovery Rebates and Economic Stimulus for the American People Act of 2008, to stimulate economy through increase in budget deficit. Covers key provisions, including tax rebates, business tax incentives, changes to conforming loan limits for mortgages, extended unemployment benefits, and a second stimulus package; and compares macroeconomic effects of proposals. Covers interventions for financial firms and markets, including case-by-case interventions and broad based intervention.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10120810