Financial Turmoil [electronic resource] : Federal Reserve Policy Responses
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 31 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines Federal Reserve efforts to counteract financial turmoil since Aug. 2007, covering use of traditional and new tools to stabilize economy, including increasing reserves to the banking system through open market operations and lowering Federal funds rate and discount rate. Discusses Federal Reserve involvement in JPMorgan acquisition of Bear Stearns and loan to American International Group, guarantees of Citigroup assets, and reviews policy considerations.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10120811