Highway Bridges [electronic resource] : Conditions and the Federal/State Role
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines Federal and State roles in the maintenance, inspection, reconstruction, and replacement of the national highway bridge infrastructure, as well as the emergency response and reconstruction role of DOT. Describes characteristics, conditions, and future funding needs of the highway bridges; and addresses issues for Congress in light of the I-35W bridge collapse in Minneapolis and questions regarding appropriateness and effectiveness of related Federal infrastructure policies, programs, and spending. Examines H.R. 3999, the National Highway Bridge Reconstruction and Inspection Act of 2007, to make changes in FHWA highway bridge program, the national bridge inspection program, and to provide additional funding for the repair and replacement of deficient bridges on the national highway system. Includes tables.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121166