Marine Protected Areas [electronic resource] : An Overview
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of designated marine protected areas (MPAs) that limit human activities in order to protect and manage ecosystems rather than individual resources. Covers challenges, benefits, and controversies surrounding MPAs; specific Federal laws and programs concerning MPAs; related activities of Clinton and Bush Administrations; MPA Center activities and other Federal agency actions; and issues for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121435