Universal Service Fund [electronic resource] : Background and Options for Reform
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the "universal service concept" that all Americans should be able to afford access to the telecommunications network; and describes support and discount programs provided by the Federal Universal Service Fund (USF), established to meet the universal service objectives contained in P.L. 104-104, the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Addresses policy options concerning contribution and distribution methodologies; possible program fraud, waste, and abuse; and USF compliance with the Antideficiency Act. Discusses the Federal-State Joint Board on Universal Service recommendation for high-cost support to rural carriers and the FCC response. Reviews related activity in the 110th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121730