Polar Bears [electronic resource] : Listing Under the Endangered Species Act
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the polar bear species and circumstances threatening their existence, including climate change, contaminants, and subsistence and sport harvest. Discusses Department of Interior decision to list polar bears as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act; reviews recent litigation; and summarizes controversies regarding the listing, how great a threat the changing climate might be to polar bears, and whether they are able to adapt to these changing conditions.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121763